Hare Krishna Mantra -The Universal God Consciousness Mantra
Why such a simple Mantra became universal?
George Harrison and John Lennon of the Beatles sang a song of Hare Krishna, which snagged the number 1 spot on UK singles chart.
In so many popular music concerts Hare Krishna Mantra became the key note for popularity in western culture.
In 1968 to 2010 it was used by various singers and musicians. By grace of this Mantra they could achieve immense popularity.
Do you need any more proof for the magic of this Hare Krishna Mantra?
We Have Forgotten Our Powerful Mantras
Familiarity breeds contempt. When Hippies started chanting this Mantra, we took notice of it.
But actually, it was exported and spread in western countries by Swami Prabhupada.
Being easy to pronounce and chant, all western people were attracted to it. They really got solace to their worries which arose due to mechanical world.
By just chanting ‘Hare Krishna’ we start forgetting material world, enter into an ocean of happiness, calmness, and spirituality.
This Mantra can be chanted loudly, whispered, or revised mentally; any of the ways will give an equal divine experience.
Automatically, you will close your eyes, see the radiant face of Krishna looking at you with tremendous love as well as compassion, and you will forget your worldly “Tri Taap”.
Tri Taap or Three Sorts of Pains
In the daily routine we have to face so many kinds of worries and pains.
Raghuram was a government servant. He had to attend complaints and queries from public all day long.
He suppressed his agony and answered the public with smiling face every day. Somebody asked him how he could be so calm in such a condition.
He smilingly told that while doing duty he chants in his mind “Hare Krishna” continuously.
This is called Ajapa Jaap. He remembers Lord Krishna without any rituals while doing his duty.
He is the Avatar of Lord Vishnu, the God who maintains the world. He protects us, provides wellbeing for us and boosts our daily working.
The God who has spread all over the world, universe and all multiverses.
Mortal human beings suffer from Three ‘Taap’ or pains:
- Adhibhautika – Pain due to physical damage. These are material sufferings caused by human, animal insects, etc.
- Adhidaivika – Suffering caused by nature like storm, flood, draught etc.
- Adhyatmik - Mental diseases like anger, passion, greed, ego, misapprehension [six enemies of mankind] etc. and physical diseases like fever, cough, cancer etc. caused by Tridosh like cough, vat and pitta.
All Pranimatra (all individuals in the animal kingdom) are subject to these ‘Taap’. However, by God consciousness these sufferings cannot affect the soul or individual.
According to Swami Prabhuprada, this Mantra is like a tasty treat. It should cancel out any inhibitors trying to interfere in attaining our bliss.
But sometimes even a tasty treat is useless because of our impure condition.
A person suffering from disease and illnessis miserable. That person’s senses become affected. Hearing ability, smelling and tasting abilities get affected too.
So when you try to give some treat, that person will not be able to enjoy it. It will taste horrible.
Swami Prabhuprada makes a similar analogy and says that Hare Krishna Mantra is also like that treat.
If the body and mind are diseased and impure, you won’t find chanting this Mantra very enjoyable. Besides, your mind will try to reject the thought of chanting altogether.
However, patience is key. Sometimes you have to think that Mantras are medicines. They might taste bitter but will be able to attain their benefits by persisting.
Similarly keep chanting Hare Krishna Mantra and observe that you will be able to get rid of your bodily impurities.
Apart from that, but you will be freed from all the sins which you have committed; not just in this life, but in all your lives.
In Kali Yug only this Hymn will help you in achieving yourgoal of life.
Why is Hare Krishna Mantra the 0nly Remedy to Attain God Consciousness in Kali Yug?
Considering Brahma’s cycle of one year which includes four Yugas, three such Brahma years have already passed.
Now is the time of the Kali Yug which is the worst of all.
In this Yug the qualities, divinity and Satvik bhava all will vanish.
Krishna declared in Bhagvad Gita that when this situation of adharm [illegality] arises, I will be born again in another incarnation to protect sadhus and good people.
So, when we, the good people are desperate and in great pain due to these three Taap mentioned above, remember him with intense focusand you will get through.
- In Satya Yug meditation as the men were Satvik (pure) and free from six enemies, the meditation used to be in the form of discipline.
- In Treta Yug, people were Rajasik [balanced positive and negative emotions, like the Yin and Yang] and ‘Yadnya’ were the norm. Sacrifice was recommended, which meant aggression and violence was acceptable.
- In Dwapar Yug, there was a manifestation of energy in the form of divinity, and men could worship them directly. So Sadhana was recommended which was very hard to perform.
Here Are the Mantras
In Kali Yug, the human being has become violent and destructive. Pure bhakti or devotion is impossible. So, to awaken Lord Krishna (Hari) - the protector, just chant his Mantra loudly or recite it in mind. You will be able to cross the ocean of worldly belongings safely, with his help.
chanting in mind without stopping.
How Does it Cure you?
- When you start chanting the name of Lord Krishna, you tend to concentrate your thoughts on him automatically.
- Gradually, you will forget your pain and finally you will be rid of it all together. That’s it.
- The best thing is, that it is very easy to chant the Ajapa Jaap – you need not know about Sanskrit.
- It so simple, that you can just remember him and start chanting anywhere, anytime; like the elephant who was caught by a crocodile, like Pralhad who was thrown in boiling oil.
- The Mantra penetrates the physical and astral bodies of the patient and tissues with purity. It destroys the microbes and vivifies the tissues. They are the most potent antiseptics and germicides.
- Actual incidents are there that when a patient was on death bed and doctors declared “No Hopes”, the relatives assemble around the bed and started chanting this Mantra in one voice for two/three hours and patient started giving response to medicine.
- This Mantra’s power enhances tremendously when chanted collectively. Even Dhanwantary, the original doctor declared that “only the name of Krishna is the medicine of all diseases.”
Hare Krishna Mantras