How to Please Shani Dev During Shani Jayanti? Best Remedy for Shani Saadesaati
The birth anniversary of Shani Dev is widely celebrated across India as Shani Jayanti.
Since, it falls on the Amavasya tithi of Jyeshta month (according to lunar calendar); this day is also commonly known as Shani Amavasya or Shaniaschar Amavasya.
Shani Dev, son of Lord Surya and Chhaya has been entrusted with the task of looking after the deeds of the people and grant them awards and punishments based on their Karma.
He is a fair judge and a strict disciplinarian.
Astrologically, Shani Dev controls the Shani Grah and is held in high reverence among the Navgrahas. Being malefic, people often are intimidated during its Mahadasha & Bhukti periods.
Shani is the natural significator of 10th house and 11th house hence has a major say in matters related to career, gains, name and fame.
Being a slow moving planet, it often retards the timing of the rewards, brings sorrows, difficulties and power struggles when placed in a bad house of a natal chart.
Therefore, it becomes extremely important that Shani Dev keeps bestowing his blessings on you.
But, that is certainly not the case with everybody. People are marred with tough times during its dasha, especially in the 7.5 years period of Saadesaati.
If you are one of the victims facing the wrath of Shani Dev, then Shani Jayanti is the right time for you, where by following certain rituals and praying to Lord Shani, you can definitely come out of the bad effects of bad Saturn energies.
Want to know about the timings and the ritual related to Shani Jayanti?
Keep reading the articles to know more about it. The details are outlined briefly, so that you don’t find any difficulty while doing this ritual.
What is the Timing of Shani Jayanti in 2019?
This year, this Shani Dev birth anniversary is going to be celebrated on 2nd and 3rd June.
The Amavasya tithi starts on 16:39 on 2nd June, 2019 and ends on 15:31 on 3rd June, 2019. Try doing the Shani puja during this time.
How to do the Rituals on Shani Jayanti?
- Get up early in the morning and freshen up yourself.
- Now before taking bath, oil yourself with mustard oil or til oil and then take a complete bath.
- Clean the puja temple and place the idol or picture of Shani Dev on a small pooja table covered with black cloth.
- The picture of Shai Dev should be towards the West direction.
- Light incense sticks and a til lamp; place it in front of Shani dev.
- Offer blue flowers, black til and black mustard to him.
- Start your puja by chanting the Ganesh Mantra and ask for his blessings.
- Then pray to lord Shiva and his family members (Goddess Parvati, Lord Karthikeya).
- Now seek Shani Dev in your sub conscious mind and start your Mantra chanting.
Shani beej Mantras should be chanted 108 times with utter dedication and devotion. If possible you can do 21 malas of the jaap. Recite Shani Stotra after mantra chanting.
After completing the chanting, pour mustard oil on Shani dev while praying for his blessings.
Thereafter, you should start meditating on Lord Hanuman and do Hanuman Chalisa, Hanumanastak and Bajranbaan recitation.
It is believed that Shani Dev never creates problems in the lives of the ardent devotees of Lord Hanuman.
Do the Homam (fire ritual) once the prayers have been finished. Offer Navagraha twigs and ghee to the sacred fire while reciting the Shani Mantras.
It is better to perform this fire ritual under the assistance of knowledgeable Pandits.
After finishing the prayers, distribute khichdi (cooked rice and daal) among the people especially the poor.
Donation of black clothes, iron utensils, black til, slippers, and leather items should be made. In case, if you are running a business, try donating to the labourers and co-workers.
One should keep fast the entire day and in the evening place til lamp under a Peepal tree and visit Shani temple.
You should open your fast after all the above rituals are completed and can take khichdi as a one-time meal.
- Don’t take non-veg foods or alcohols during this day.
- Don’t get involved in any sensory pleasures or conjugal bliss. Stay pious throughout the day.
- Stay away from immoral activities and be good to your co-workers and sub-ordinates.
- Try doing the Pooja during the mentioned tithi as it is the right time according to our Vedic culture.
Currently Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn ascendants are running their Saadesaati. So, take this time of Shani Jayanti and please Shani Dev to get over the ill-effects.
It is believed that Shani Dev will remove you from his terrible clutches. People undergoing Shani Mahadasha and Shani Dhaiyya also should utilize this time to seek the blessings of Shani Dev.
Therefore be prepared and take advantage of this Shani Jayanti.
Mantra Pronunciation is your Problem?
Then our Vedic Mantra Library is right for you.
We have a large collection of more than 150 Vedic mantras in our digital library
Audio pronunciation of each mantra
Transliteration in English and Sanskrit Languages